Friday, June 16, 2006

A Diva Detour

First: I was flipping channels the other day and when I came to C-SPAN, I stopped cold. I was looking at Cher.

Cher. A call-in show guest.

On C-SPAN.

Ater checking the window to see if frogs were falling from the sky like rain, I watched as Cher discussed her support for Operation Helmet.

Cher. On C-SPAN.

Second:

Barbra Streisand is being sued.

Why? Because the last time she went on a farewell tour, a number of people bought very expensive tickets for their last chance ever to see Babs perform live. Now that she's launching another farewell tour, they're (understanbly) miffed.

Here we've been mocking Cher for her Neverending Farewell Tour, and here she's just been a savvy diva, avoiding lawsuits down the road.

Detour ends.

1 comment:

Kitty Russell said...

Cher was, Cher is, Cher will always be... the DIVA-est Diva around! Cher is the once and future Diva. All hail her Cherness!

Nuff said!